25 August 2007
which all puts me in mind of this genius
I mean my iTunes is overflowing with Django Reinhardt, and I want to blitz it with Ida Presti now too. So, of course, since I'm a girl, I'm dreaming myself up a world in which they could have been married. I mean, did I ever tell you about my guitar dreams of nearly thirty years ago? I dreamed in guitar for weeks on end. Every time I closed my eyes it was guitar such as you don't hear on Earth. It was electric guitar, but even more beautiful than the masters. Might have been their son playing it to me from the next heaven. If I were not such a klutzy scatterbrain, maybe I could play it and do for you what these people are doing for me... even after they are dead.
And here's the full short from which an earlier posting was taken:
