22 August 2007

99's ida presti freakout

Romance by Paganini

Vals by Tarrega

Andaluza by Fortea

Sheesh... I'm flippin'.... I've heard her stuff quite a few times, but always thought it was Segovia! She puts the guys to shame! This stuff was recorded when she was a teenybopper! I'm flippin'. I'll be back with more in a little while....

Rumores de la Caleta by Albeniz

Sonatine by Torroba

Serenata Espangnola by Malats

Caprice by Lagoya

Bach!!!!! (Okay, she might have been nearly 30 when she did this one.)

Andante Largo by Fernando Sor

And we haven't even gotten to her partnership with Lagoya yet. I'm ready to expire of I can't think how it could get better than this. It finally explains why I don't ever seem to be able to find any Segovia as transporting as I've thought he was all these years. Aaagh! It was Ida Presti. This is what I get for hangin' with rockers all my life....